Friday, January 4, 2013

4 Great Spices and Brie Cheese



Happy New Year Everyone!  We had a great Christmas and New Year!

This year I am looking forward to creating more fun time with family and friends with lots of laughter without feeling overwhelmed over what to serve, or how my house looks!  Some of the best memories in our lives are created unexpectedly!

Therefore, I want to start the New Year with a quick entertainment recipe for the expected or unexpected guests!

Brie Cheese!  It is such a perfect cheese.  Brie goes with fruit, nuts, breads, etc. and it can be served in various ways such as plain at room temperature or wrapped in pastry and baked with different toppings and served with a nice glass of wine or beverage of your choice.

Here's the:


source: lindasfeedback.wordpress.com

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.


source: snapguide.com

Measure one teaspoon each of Cracked Pepper, Rosemary, Cumin Seeds and Pepper Flakes.




 Spread the spices on a cutting board, plate, or any flat surface.  I used a plate.



Then, remove a slice of Brie from the cheese wheel. Divide the slice of Brie with a knife into equal parts and lightly press the Brie slices into the spices. 




Place the spicy brie in an oven safe dish and transfer the dish to the preheated oven.




Bake until the Brie cheese begins to melt. (takes about 5 minutes depending on the thickness of your slices).



Looks delicious right?

Serve the warm Brie with crackers, breads, nuts and fruits.  You can choose whatever you love to serve with Brie Cheese.




Mr C and I love this Spicy Brie with soup and salad, when it is just the two of us for dinner or just with crackers and slices of crusty french bread, while watching a football game.

This simple recipe offers great presentation, delicious, and is SOO EASY!  It allows for more time to make memorable 2013 moments!

ENJOY!

Looking forward to sharing more of my WandaFul Wonders in 2013 with you!

Do you have any easy recipes you use when you have expected or unexpected guests?
Please share!

As you know, I love your comments!

Happy New Year to You and Your Families!











1 comment:

  1. I love brie and always have it here. I love that it can be served savory and sweet. I've never had it the way you shared here! My husband is a wimp about spice; wonder what it would be like without the crushed red pepper?

    I ALWAYS have cheese, crackers, hummus, and fresh and dried fruits here for ME! But it's nice to have for unexpected guests as well! I have a few meals that I typically have all the staples on hand that could always be shared with guests. I always have italian sausage (frozen), angel hair, vodka sauce, and goat cheese in my house. That, with a side salad of mixed greens is easy to pull together for unexpected guests (at least for the winter).

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments! Tell me what you think!