Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seven Piece Place Setting for Twelve

Mr C and I  have been searching for a dinner place setting we both liked. We found Lenox "Opal Innocence" pattern five piece place setting from $87.75 to $130.00.
Here is a quick glimpse at the Lenox  "Opal Innocence" pattern.


This weekend at an estate sale, we came across a seven piece place setting for twelve in great condition for the total price of $75.00.  We bought it and we love it!  It is made in Japan called Crown Victoria Collection "Empress".  The seven piece place setting includes the dinner plate, bread and butter plate, soup bowl, salad bowl, fruit/dessert bowl, cup and saucer. The set price included two vegetable bowls and a gravy bowl with the bottom attached.


Here is a look at the set (without the fruit/dessert bowl):



Here is a closer look at the edge of the plate.



I like the look of the cup.



Here is the marking on the back:



There was one chip on one soup bowl and underneath one of the plates. (I have found a replacement soup bowl on-line at www.replacementsltd.com.) The chip on the plate was underneath and you cannot see it looking at the plate.)

I think this place setting is similar to the Lenox pattern.  It should work just fine for our family, since most of the time when we entertain it is casual with friends and family.

 I love the adventure of a hunt for an item at an estate sale or goodwill, etc.  Sometimes, I like to wait and see if the item I like is still there the next day at half price off. 


Have you purchased place settings at estate sells, craigslist, or other places?  Please share if you have.


Stay out of this heat!  Yesterday, it was 110 degrees in OKC.


I love all your comments!  Please sign up to follow me on my adventures.  Make it a great Week!


Wanda

1 comment:

  1. Just had to tell you the top dishes from Lenox are the very dishes Adrienne and Michael picked out for the china. Last Christmas I found a ton of it at TJ Maxx for about 1/2 off and bought all they had for a gift for my girl for Christmas! How great is that?

    Love what you found!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments! Tell me what you think!