Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Painted Front Porch Chair





HI Y’all!
This past Saturday Morning, I was up and moving around by 6:15 am!  After days of HOT weather, the morning was beautiful outside.  I took my "Free Chair" which had been sitting in my garage waiting for attention for THREE YEARS!   Yes, this is the same chair that I mentioned back in 2011, that I was going to finish within the next month to share with you!  TIME FLIES is my only excuse for not finishing the chair earlier.
Here is how the chair looked in 2011

Free Chair

During this past school year, several times, I ventured out to the garage and spray painted the chair with “Valspar Gloss Exotic Sea” and sanded down the chair in different spots.
So, on Saturday Morning, I used a damp cloth to get all the dust off of the chair.


DSC_0519

A closer look at the chair seat.  You can see a couple of sanded marks on the chair legs.

DSC_0520

I wiped Ralph Lauren’s Tobacco Glaze all over the chair.


DSC_0571


I still love this glaze.  I know most people are now using dark wax to enrich the color of furniture. It dries quickly and I already had it in the garage.
Later in the morning, the temperature was rising outside.  I brought the chair inside and placed it in on my kitchen island. I put two coats of Annie Sloan’s Clear soft wax on the chair.

DSC_0526

Here is the finished chair on my front porch prior to carrying it to Tom’s House.  With his permission, of course.

DSC_0528

A quick look at the backside of the Chair.

DSC_0529

Here is the chair on Tom’s front porch.  See the pillow?  I made it Saturday afternoon.  I plan on sharing how I did that later this week.

DSC_0561

One more photo to show the final project completed.

DSC_0565

What do you think?  Notice the little planter on the porch.  That was a garage sale find!

This is what I did on Saturday!  What did you do on Saturday?  Did you finish any projects that has been hanging around your house for a couple of years like me?

Thank you for your comments and following me on my adventures!  Wishing you a great week!

Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments! Tell me what you think!