Monday, July 2, 2012

A NEW "USED" CAMERA

Hello Everyone!


After going to the Haven Conference and taking the "Basic Photography/Photo Styling" session presented by Kevin and Layla Palmer (The lettered Cottage), Josh Moates (Kim Box Photography), and Shaunna West (Perfectly Imperfect Blog)  Shaunna was upstairs ill at the conference - Boo Hoo!.  There was no doubt I needed to upgrade my camera. 


I had been using a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC (a point and shoot fellow)





 and sometimes my iphone.


My last post photos were soooo blurrry from the iphone at a super great laua, that I knew without delay the purchase of a camera was what my little heart desired.  Now, I did not want to break the bank.


SOOOO! What's a girl to do?


Well, I hurried over to the local Pawn Shop.  Yes, you read correctly P-A-W-N S-H-O-P!


I found me a SWEET and I mean SWEET little starter camera just right for me!  I purchased a 2004 Nikon D70.




I looked up reviews for the Nikon D70 while standing in the Pawn Shop and I looked up what the camera without lenses were going for on different sites.  The gentlman at the Pawn Shop offered me a deal I could not pass on. 


So, I bought the Sweet Thing at a Sweet Price! (I hate to pay retail, if I can avoid it!)


Please remember, we had purchased an electric and an acoustic guitar for our exchange student at the same local pawn shop.  Our oldest son, Tom did check out the guitars before we purchased them.  He plays guitars, so he knew what to look for with a guitar.  Besides, Mr C and I have been scouting garage sales, estate sales, and pawn shops for years, now. 

After buying the camera, Mr C and I headed over to a famous camera store in the metro.  I did purchase a brand new Tamron AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 xr LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Lens.  (I really do not know what all the abbreviations mean, however I bet I will know soon).




I took my new and used equipment out on Saturday to the "Junk Hippy Road Show" at the Oklahoma State Fair Grounds.  Wait til you see my photos, not bad for a first day outing with my little heart's desire!


I love your comments and I love how you continue to follow me in my WandaFul Wonders Adventures!

Wanda




2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about buying a new camera but the cost of a new one always deterred me. I never thought about a pawn shop before. I'm going to check it out! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda,

    I was in that same session and I learned so much! Can't wait to see your journey with your new camera!

    Happy Fourth,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments! Tell me what you think!